The Palm of Vecna back for another edition of Buried Treasures, this time featuring all 20 levels of the Warlord in addition to all three banners: Lion, Eagle, and Dragon.
Since the initial introduction of the warlord, WotC was kind enough to drop the newly revised ranger on us, complete with a new way to do the animal companion. The cohort structure of the Warlord was and always had been based on the PHB ranger's animal companion, so it seemed only natural to lean hard into the new companion rules and mirror them almost entirely. This, of course, leads to some interesting design changes (the dropping of Extra Attack, for one), but I have a feeling that these changes will keep the warlord and his/her cohort feeling interesting and strong.
- Cohorts now act entirely on their own initiative, but you control their actions.
- Rally only works on creatures below half their health.
- Extra Attack replaced by Coordinated Assault
- Adjustments to the banner abilities to fit the new ability structure
- Bannerman ability split into Bannerman and Bannerman's Loyalty
- Rules for building cohorts added
- Levels 11 - 20 now available
- Dragon, Eagle, and Lion banners now available
Please enjoy, and feel free to ask as many questions as possible. Like before, this is not playtested, merely balanced via numbers and thought experiment. Please playtest it as much as you can, break it in half, and send me the parts back so that we can make a stronger product!
- - -
(By the way, sorry about the delays, folks: as much as I enjoy doing this, life gets in the way of fun stuff sometimes)